Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gatsby Girl

I started making the Gastby Girl Pullover IK Fall 2006 in August as soon as the magazine came out. LYS had a sale on Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK, which is almost identical to the Rowan Cashsoft DK in the pattern. Great yarn and no yarn substitution!! I made the front and back up to the shoulder decrease, the measurements didnt quite seem right. The pattern has zero percent ease which didnt seem very forgiving so off to the yarn basket it went. I've been trying for months to find another pattern that was worthy of the yarn but nothing worked out.

Today was the last straw. I thought I found the perfect shawl for the DK yarn but the microfiber made it too stretchy. I sulked. Then lightening struck. JUST TRY ON THE SWEATER. duh.


I basted. I tried it on. Its a little snug but should be fine when I lose the weight I put on over the winter. Besides the microfiber is very forgiving. At the rate I've been knitting I'll have it done in time for the next heat wave.


No comments: