Sunday, August 12, 2007

SP11

I'm back from vacation...more on that later. First things first, the Secret Pal 11 questionaire. I'm not good at writing about myself, but here goes.



1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like



I love yarns that are soft and feel yummy. My favorite sock yarn is Koigu KPPM (whats not to like:). I think merino wool is my favorite. I'm very sensitive to yarns that are scratchy, esp wools. Right now I'm in love with Handmaiden Sea Silk.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?




I store my straight knitting needles in a cloth needle case, which works out pretty well. My circulars are all stuffed into a drawer in the cabinet where I store my knitting supplies. I've tried other ways of storing them but they get all squooshed up and the cables get kinked. Any suggestions for organization would be greatly appreciated!!



3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?



I started knitting when I was a teenager but stopped after making a garter scarf for my mom that was so stiff she could barely wrap it around her neck. I think I use some sort of bulky acrylic yarn which might have been the problem. I picked it up again about 8 yrs ag. Moorehouse yarn used to have a booth at the farmer's market near my apartment and they were selling scarf kits. The woman there taught me the basics. The rest I picked up on the internet. I'm somewhere between intermediate and advance knitter, but I'm more of a process knitter so I dont always have the patience to try new techniques. Then again, I swore I'd never knit lace because the charts seemed too complicated, and now I'm hooked so I'm trying to keep an open mind.



4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?



No.



5. What's your favorite scent?



Lavender and peppermint.



6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?



Love love chocolate. But I am gluten intolerent so that limits a lot of what I can eat.

Favorites: Choco-love brand with orange peel, chocolate covered ginger, hershey's milk chocolate.



7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?



Love to spin though I'm not very good at it yet. I do a lot of cooking and baking. I aspire to be a foodie but there is so much to learn.




8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)



I'm not a huge music fan, mostly jazz, classical, nature sounds. Anything soothing. I listen to a lot of podcasts, mostly about knitting, travel and cooking.



9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?



This one is easy. Love purples, blues, pinks. Teal is nice. Hate neon colors, esp orange and yellow.



10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?



I live alone with my dog Patches.



11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

As long as they're not scratchy



12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?



Anything lace esp socks. I'm knitting my first shawl and I'm loving it.




13. What are you knitting right now?



Right now I'm working on the IK Swallowtail Shawl in lavender Handmaiden SeaSilk. I'm also working on Clapotis



14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?



Yes.



15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular addie turbos are my favorites. For slippery yarn I usually use my plastic Denise interchangeables.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Not yet.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I usually get frustrated with my UFOs and rip them out. I have several that I havent finished ripping out yet....though I dont necessarily re-knit anything with the yarn. The very oldest UFO that I havent ripped out is about 3 y.o.



18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving

19. Is there anything that you collect?

No

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

My wish list:
knitpicks options needles
Victorian Lace Today
Interweave knits subscription - I've just been too darned lazy to fork over the $24
IK Favorite Socks

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn

I'd love to learn mosiac slip stitch knitting and maybe intarsia or fair isle. Color work seems a little bit intimidating. I want to get better at making sweaters that actually fit.



22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements

I knit socks, but not as much as I used to. My foot measurements:


9 inches length

8 inches ball of foot


9 inches ankle
size 7 1/2 shoe



23. When is your birthday?

Jan 5.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? No

1 comment:

luvstormie said...

Hello,

My sisters are making a baby blanket and the Yarn you have in the picture labeled Secret Pal 11 would be perfect! It is pink with different shades of pink and burgundy with green. Can I ask where you got it?

Thanks,
Stormie