Wednesday, September 5, 2007

UFO to WIP!!

It was a very busy Labor Day weekend. I went to my Mom's. We shopped 'til we dropped and ate out every night. I gotta cut out those desserts or I'll never have any clothes that fit.


A little stash enhancement. It was on sale. Its my favorite pinks, the picture doesnt do it justice. Maybe the Forest Canopy Shawl but not before I finish the Swallowtail, which is going slowly.

I also picked up a UFO from last winter. I had to stop because my hands were so dry from the winter that the wool was cutting into my hands. I finished the body last year and most of the sleeves. I've been having trouble getting the sleeves on sweaters to be long enough but I think I finally got the length right on the 1st sleeve and there are about 20 rows left on the other. I also sewed the shoulder seams. Its a sweater of my own design so I've been making it up as I went along. I'm considering a double crochet border for the buttonholes because I hate picking up stitches for ribbing. Plus it goes more quickly than knitting a ribbed edge. Maybe I'll finish it by the time its cool enough to wear.

Tomorrow is the big day when I start the new job. I'm a little anxious, a little excited. Hope I can sleep tonight because morning will be much earlier than at my previous job.



No comments: