Sunday, May 20, 2007

Injury

I've finally had to succumb to the reality that the cramps in my hands and wrists arent going away without some serious rest. Shooting pain from my fingers to my arms really got my attention. The last straw was knitting socks on the subway home. Every stitch was painful. Not that I stopped knitting. I tried to cut back over the weekend. I cleaned the kitchen, balanced my finances, straightened the desk....you get the picture. See how clean my kitchen is!



Knitting update. Still havent finished grafting the toes on the Monkey socks. I started making Zephyr socks for my mom. Finished the first sock up to the toes because I have no idea what her foot measurements are so I dont know when to start the toe. I'll check when I see her this weekend. Started the 2nd sock. I dont much trouble with second sock syndrome. I cant seem to finish the first one before I start the 2nd one. Talk about startitis.



Finally started to make some progress with Clapotis. Its not as interested as using variegated yarn but it has an nice sheen and the splitting hasnt been so terrible.


Patches is less than amused.



This weekend Mom and I are going to MA sheep and wool!! We're staying at cheap-o Travelodge hotel. It got awful rating on TripAdvisor, but its a last minute thing so we didnt have much of a selection. The hotel is a belated Mothers Day gift. I'm hoping to pick out a wheel tho I've been reading reviews all week and I feel even more confused!!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello sock pal! I am midway through your first sock. I am enjoying knitting it very much. I hope you enjoy them when you get them in August!

Anonymous said...

having the same pain problem. PT suggested deep tissue massage on pressure points above elbow and in upper arm. Seems to be help here. Lots of advil and ice. Good luck.