Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sock Exchange

Yesterday was the sock exchange for the NY Sit n' Knit group, my first sock exchange ever. Lots of fun. Nicole loved her socks. Not only did they fit but they matched her dress!!





Cindy gave me an awesome pair of Elfine socks plus pink nail polish. I had just I ripped out yet another attempt at Elfine that morning. I was destined to have those socks. They're fabulous. How did she know I'm due for a pedicure? After the exchange, Chanin and I went to LYS nearby because I needed yarn for the next sock swap. Yeah sockapalooza4!!




The next major decision is to ply or not to ply?? I finished spinning both the cream roving and the brown BFL roving. The cream looks pretty rough. The brown looks more like yarn I can actually make something with, though they're pretty thick. I dont know if they're balanced enough to stand up to being knit on their own. I'll see what happens after I wash them. I keep forgetting it is my first attempt at spinning. The brown matches my winter coat and would make a lovely hat. I'm not very good at making hats. They're usually pretty floppy and are never tight enough around the ears. Maybe I'm just not patient enough. Hopefully they're not so overwound that they're impossible to knit. All I have left is the fuschia merino. I think its time to take the plunge and buy more fiber. Stay tuned.

I decided to make Clapotis with the yarn I bought last week. So far its pretty easy. I've never knit a shawl I've enjoyed wearing. Not much patience here either. A couple of weeks ago I started making the Swallowtail Shawl from IK, but I lost my place and havent had the heart to rip it out yet.

I'm having some technical difficulties uploading anymore pictures. Hopefully I'll have something finished by the time I figure this out.


To my sockapalooza pal:

Hope you're having fun picking out yarn. I needed was an excuse I mean reason to buy more sock yarn. Leave me a comment and say hi.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Aileen =) I have your yarn and a pattern all picked out for your socks! Sorry I have not emailed you; I don't use it much. I am very excited about knitting you socks!

aileen said...

Yeah!!!