Sunday, July 8, 2007

Finally some sock knitting




I finally started the sockapalooza3 socks!! Actually I'm almost done with the first sock. I'm knitting Bad Caul socks in Koigu (of course). Its taken me about 3 weeks to knit which seems like forever. I can only knit about 30 min. at a time before my hands start to hurt again, then its back to the heating pad. My usual perfectionist self is taking a backseat to the looming deadline. I've miscrossed the cables. I crossed both cables in each pair in the same direction instead of facing each other. When I rdidnt realized what I was did wrong until I was finished with the heel gusset....Could you tell I'm a process knitter?? I cant decide whether or not to do the cables the same way on the 2nd sock.....

Not being able to knit on the subway hasnt been as bad as I thought. I just finished reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell who makes every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year. Pretty funny, easy read. Listening to knitting podcasts has helped. My current favorite is Socks in the City .

This is my favorite picture from MA sheep and wool from Memorial Day. Ya gotta love sheep wearing sweaters!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you finally got to start on your socks! Your 'palooza socks are almost finished =D I hope you like them!