Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Restaurant Week!!

Last week I took off from work to hang around. Even though I stayed at home I wanted it to feel like a vacation so no computer or email for an entire week. I spend most of my day at work on a computer so it was such a relief. I didnt plan the timing at all but for my luck it was Restaurant Week which means that +100 fancy restaurants have prix fixe lunch for $24.07 and dinner for $35. I had lunch out 5 days in a row!! More amazing I was able to find 5 restaurants with food on the menu that didnt interfere with my wheat intolerance. Monday at Le Cirque. Amazing service. I mistakenly ordered bottled water, which was highly over-priced, but the waiter poured it for me throughout the mail. The food was pretty amazing too. The creme brulee is a must order. Tuesday was at Brasserie 8 1/2. I think it was on Sex in the City but I dont remember. What a fun restaurant!! The food was great. The banana creme caramel was to die for. Could you tell I have a bit of a sweet tooth?? Wednesday was Tocqueville, third day in a tow of French food. Amazing watermelon soup with feta cheese and cucumber. Gotta love it. Thursday was a bit of a disappointment. The 21 Club is highlighly over-rated. It reminded me of an upscale version of the bars I used to go to right after I graduated college. The food was pretty awful too. Oh well. Friday I went to a small Mediterranean restaurant called Trio, sorry no website. Very tiny about 10 tables but the service was great and so was the food. The beef tenderloin with a light cheese sauce (I forget the name of the cheese) was fabulous. I did some serious window shopping, got a makeover and my first ever pedicure, went to the Rubin Museum exhibit about the Dalai Lama. He's such an amazing person. I even did some long neglected housework!!

This is me after the makeover. Dont I look fabulous!! After I took the picture I immediately went and washed all the gook off my face. It was such a relief. Maybe I'm not cut out for looking glamorous.




In knitting news. The first sock for Sockapalooza4 is almost done. Just have the cast-off to do. I'm going to work on it this weekend since I need to be able to concentrate. I'm going to try a new cast-off technique because a regular bind-off is never stretchy enough but I havent decided which one yet. I'm in the home stretch on sock #2. 8 more repeats up the leg and then the ribbing. I'll just be done in time. I need to send them out early because my sock pal is international.





I've been spinning and finished my first yarn!! Its not a great picture. The fiber is a black/brown color so its almost impossible to see it but I'm very pleased with myself. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Maybe a hat and some fingerless mitts to match my winter coat.

No comments: